Welcome to Ronald Knox Montessori School
Ronald Knox Montessori School (RKMS) is located in Wilmette, Illinois, just 19 miles north of downtown Chicago and nestled within 23 acres of open property in a quiet residential neighborhood. RKMS provides a nurturing, stimulating environment for children from six months through six years of age.
Since 1963, this parent-governed and professionally operated non-profit has dedicated itself to the Montessori educational philosophy. At the heart of our beliefs is the notion that the greatest learning occurs when children are allowed to choose their own path to development. At RKMS, children are encouraged to explore a world of activities under the watchful eyes of competent, Montessori-trained teachers. In this setting, children cultivate concentration, motivation and self-discipline along with a life-long love of learning, high self-esteem and respect for others and the world around them.
The mission of Ronald Knox Montessori School is:
- to follow the philosophy and guiding principles of Dr. Maria Montessori and to uphold the standards of the American Montessori Society
- to create a nurturing, stimulating environment that is responsive to a child's needs and tendencies at each stage of his or her development
- to help each and every child reach his or her full potential by attending to his or her total development - intellectual, social, physical and emotional
- to instill a lifelong love of learning in our children along with a profound respect for themselves, each other and the world around them
- to foster a strong community of parents, faculty and administrators for the benefit of the children, and to promote stewardship of the school